It’s no secret that a bright and confident smile is a universal symbol of health and happiness. However, for those who have lost teeth due to accidents or decay, their radiant smile can fade away, affecting both appearance and self-esteem.
Undoubtedly, dental implants have emerged as a revolutionary solution to restore not only the aesthetic appeal of a smile but also help you eat your favorite foods without any hassle. But, before opting for dental implants, you must consider various factors to determine whether dental implants are the right choice for you. Continue reading this blog to learn more about it.
The Basics Of Dental Implants
Dental implants are artificial replacements for missing teeth that provide a natural solution. The dental implant fixture is made from titanium, which is surgically attached to the bone. The bone then fuses with the implant, ensuring stability. The dental abutment serves as a connector between the implant fixture and the dental crown.
Unlike traditional dentures, dental implants offer various benefits for patients. These implants offer exceptional strength and enhance your aesthetic appeal. Implants look and feel like natural teeth, allowing patients to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Dental implants prevent bone loss in the jaw, which can improve oral health.
Candidacy for Dental Implants
Not everyone is a suitable candidate for dental implants. Here are some common factors that inform whether implants are a viable option for a patient:
- Oral health:A healthy mouth is always a prerequisite for dental implant surgery. Your gums should be free from infection and must have an adequate amount of bone in the jaw to support the implant. Individuals with gum disease or significant bone loss may require additional treatments before acquiring dental implants implant placement.
- Overall health: Your general health also plays a role in deciding whether you should get dental implants. Chronic conditions like diabetes or other disorders can affect the healing process after surgery. Your dentist must conduct a thorough assessment of your medical history to ensure the procedure’s success.
- Age:Age isn’t a strict requirement, but bone density and healing capacity tend to decrease with age. Younger patients have better bone regeneration potential, which can contribute to successful implant integration.
- Habits:Habits like smoking can hinder the healing process and increase the risk of implant failure. We recommend quitting smoking before undergoing implant surgery.
- Commitment to oral hygiene:Maintaining proper oral hygiene is essential for the long-term success of dental implants. You must be committed to regular dental check-ups, cleaning the implant area, and focusing on brushing and flossing daily.
The Surgical Procedure and Recovery
It’s no surprise that the dental implant procedure involves multiple stages and requires a significant commitment from the patient. Understanding the process and recovery is essential for making an informed decision in Mission Viejo. Here are some things you must focus on before deciding:
- Initial consultation:The dental implant journey begins with a comprehensive dental examination. X-rays and scans are taken to assess bone density and determine the optimal implant placement.
- Surgery:The implant fixture is attached directly to the bone. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia to prevent pain during the operation, but your might experience some discomfort after the surgery. You can take pain management medicines to ensure a smooth, pain-free recovery.
- Healing period:After the surgery, a healing period of several months is necessary for the implant to integrate with your bone. At this time, your dentist might make you wear a temporary crown or denture.
- Abutment placement:Once the implant has bonded with the bone, an abutment is attached to the fixture to connect the implant to the crown.
- Crown placement:Your dentist will place the customized crown to the abutment to complete the dental implant process.
Dental implant procedures can be an investment, and you must examine the financial aspects beforehand. Dental implant costs vary based on factors like the number of implants, the need for additional treatments, and the location of the dental practice. While implants may have a higher initial cost than alternatives, their longer lifespan can make them cost-effective over time. We recommend selecting a dental clinic in Mission Viejo that offers economical dental implant options so you can get the treatment without any financial hassle.
Get Excellent Dental Implant Services In Mission Viejo
Need exceptional dental surgeons mission viejo? The team atMission Dental Implant Center can help you. Our oral surgeons specialize in a wide range of oral health treatments, including dental implants, cosmetic crown lengthening, periodontal treatment, and Dentures mission viejo.
Reach out to us to schedule an appointment.