dr. al manesh
26800 Crown Valley Pkwy
Suite #425, Mission Viejo,
Office: (949) 364-2935get directions
metal free implants laguna woods
What are Ceramic Dental Implants?
Traditional titanium implant systems consist of two metal components (the implant that’s lodged into the jaw and the abutment that sits above the gum-line) joined together with a fixation screw. Micro-movement can occur where these pieces meet when under the extreme pressure of chewing, thus creating warm, moist places where anaerobic bacteria have an opportunity to colonize. It’s a perfect setup for an unfortunate cascade of events to follow: the bacteria release toxins, inducing inflammation around the implant, which can eventually lead to bone loss and the possibility of implant failure.
With the one-piece design of CeraRoot zirconia implants all of these problems are eliminated, and consequently the aspect of the tissues around the one-piece implants resembles very much that of the natural dentition.
Over the past decades, more ceramic components have been incorporated into dentistry due to their clinically proven strength and aesthetic benefits. Not only is there a trend to include all-ceramic crowns and implant abutments in treatment plans, but the implant itself is now available in a one-piece design made from bio-compatible zirconia. CeraRoot implants set the stage for the ultimate in optimal function, superior health and natural beauty.
Zirconia Dental Implant Benefits:
- Your natural tooth root color is similar to a Zirconia dental implant making them an ideal solution for your front teeth.
- Unlike metal implants, zirconia dental implants allow for light to pass through similar to a natural tooth.
- Zirconia dental implants are extremely strong. They are capable of lasting for a lifetime.
- Zirconia dental implants are highly bio-compatible with human tissue especially the gingiva.
- The implants bond exceedingly well with the jaw bone and are tolerated by the gums.
- Ceramic zirconia dental implants have been approved by the FDA, German and other European Governing Boards.
- These are completely metal-free implants, attracting patients with allergies or those who just do not want any metal replacements for their missing teeth.
- Ceramic zirconia dental implants retain less plaque and are virtually free of the adverse effects of metal sensitivity, inflammation, corrosion and physical fatigue, giving you healthier gums and improved overall health.
- CeraRoot zirconium implants are tooth shaped and have a natural tooth like flair and emergence profile, therefore CeraRoot implants eliminate the food trap issue that can be a problem with titanium implants.
- CeraRoot implants are a one piece implant and this eliminates the micro gap issue that is present with titanium implants.